Request ID: 10996-1
Start/End Dates: 06/27/2021 - 12/26/2021
Tax Work Location: US - CA - Menlo Park (105201)
Job Title: Corporate Communications & Public Policy - Communications Manager I
Our social media giant client is looking for a skilled Associate with experience in government, the public interest sector, or academia to join our Content Policy Stakeholder Engagement team. Content Policy is the team that creates policies to govern what people can share on their social media site and how advertisers and third-party developers interact with the site. The Stakeholder Engagement team works with other members of the Content Policy team to improve our policies based on external expertise and input.
As Content Policy Associate, you will support the Stakeholder Engagement team’s efforts to understand the global landscape of Internet-related advocacy groups, academics, think tanks, and governmental and non-organizations, and to integrate external perspectives into our content policies. You will help develop a strategy for engaging with thought leaders in relation to our content policies, including our Community Standards, Ad Policies, and policies that touch on ranking and distribution of content. You will be responsible for understanding both Facebook and Instagram’s company priorities, and for helping the team integrate external feedback to serve the company and the people who use our services.
The successful candidate will be an experienced communicator, researcher, and organizer, and will have a basic understanding of the internet policy ecosystem. You should be passionate about the services we provide and the people that we serve.
This is a short-term contractor position.
1. 2+ years of experience in a public policy field
2. Bachelor’s Degree in law, journalism, policy, international relations, business, corporate social responsibility, or equivalent field
3. Experience working with governmental or non-governmental organizations
4. Experience with project management and effective prioritization
1. Experience in collaboration between technology companies and the civil sector
2. Experience in developing policies for content moderation, internet advertising, or related technology areas
3. Experience in local stakeholder engagement initiatives
The successful candidate will be an experienced communicator, researcher, and organizer, and will have a basic understanding of the internet policy ecosystem.