Hourly rate Maximum: $81/hr (DOE)
Location: Menlo Park, CA begins remotely
Duration: Immediate through end of the year with option for extension
Operational Audit Expert with 8+ years experience
Role Objective: Establish and run risk-based audit program for External Metrics space with Vettanna Fortune 500 client
Expert Consultant in Operational Audit? Do you love the rigor, attention to the detail? Most of all, are you a leader who can influence without authority? We are looking for a seasoned Audit professional who can help us design and develop the 1st Line of Defense operational audit program for External Metrics space. Audit program may cover a variety of areas including evaluating whether or not internal controls are sufficient and working as intended, operating procedures are being performed consistently and efficiently, and activities within the company are in compliance with internal policies and industry standards.
Roles & Responsibilities
1. Design and Develop 1st Line of Defense Audit program
2. Leads audit scoping and fieldwork planning
3. Perform end-to-end audit to determine compliance with External Metrics policies and procedures
4. Conduct audit testing (Independent validation) on selected high-risk areas and identify reportable issues
5. Create comprehensive audit reports summarizing audit results and recommendations for remediation/improvement.
6. Work with senior leaders to communicate audit findings and drive actions
7. Recommend process and system controls to mitigate metric risks; and bring the products back in compliance.
8. Identify and recommend strategies to drive audit efficiency through automation, standardization and streamlining activities.
*For example, collaborate with product teams to use data analytics to enhance audit procedures and build continuous monitoring capability
9. Develop strong relationships with cross-functional teams.
10. Collaborate with XFN partners to ensure alignment on audit scope, schedule, deliverables
11. Lead audit related meetings with stakeholders at various levels
12. Facilitate difficult conversations against competing priorities at all levels (Engineers, Directors, and VPs).
13. Own and facilitate various communication channels related to audits, including office hours, Workplace group, Workplace Chat, etc.
14. Collect program level updates to create visibility on team’s progress against goals.
1. B.S. in a Computer Science with specialization in Program Management, Audit
2. Certified Internal Audit (CIA) is highly desirable
3. Demonstrated knowledge of auditing methodologies and techniques
4. 8+ years of internal audit experience in a technology sector, public company, and/or professional services assurance experience, working as a 2nd or 3rd line of defense in an organization-wide role
5. Prior experience in auditing proprietary in-house built systems and processes.
6. Proven people skills in managing difficult conversations, organizational conflicts, negotiations, prioritization, mass communications, etc.
7. At least 5+ years of software engineering, systems engineering, product management, or similar technical experience is desirable but not mandatory.
8. Data Analytics, Machine Learning background is a plus
Our clients mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at our company are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.