Request ID: 15549-1
Start/End Dates: 09/15/2021 - 03/14/2022
Tax Work Location: US - CA - Los Angeles
Job Title: Content Operations - Content Curator I
Pay Rate: $29-$32/hour (DOE)
An Oculus Content Reviewer ensures that incoming content Oculus developers submit is high-quality and trustworthy.
Our team reviews all incoming content, such as new updates to apps, media, and events, to ensure they meet our policies & requirements. This is done with a combination of automated detection tools, manual review, data analysis, and guidance from product and policy teams.
We’re looking for an Oculus Content Reviewer to support our internal product teams, customers, and global developer community, by reviewing submitted content to ensure appropriateness and compliance with our policies.
In this position, you will interface with internal engineering & product teams as well as with external developers and publishers. A successful candidate for this role will have strong exploratory testing skills, be an empathetic user/developer advocate, be able to identify opportunities to improve internal tools through better workflows or documentation, have the ability to make quick and informed decisions, and enjoy working in a challenging environment.
• Review media, content, and updates submitted from virtual reality app developers on the Oculus Store.
• Categorize, tag, and label incoming content.
• Perform testing & quality assurance checks using a PC, smartphone, and/or virtual reality headset to ensure submitted content meets technical and policy requirements.
• Share reports, strategies, and improvement plans for trends identified during review.
• Collaborate with our product teams to improve the user/developer experience
• Have the ability to work an extended schedule as seasonal or company critical events require, including Saturday and Sundays on an extended basis
• 2+ years content operations or consulting experience for a tech company
• Experience with virtual reality hardware, software, games, or entertainment preferred
• Excellent skill in writing, reviewing, reporting on, and moderating online content
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
• Passion for content moderation and user safety
• Bachelor’s degree preferred