Request ID: 36730
Duration: 12 months
Location: US - CA - Sunnyvale
Job Title: Quality Assurance - QA Engineer II
Job Description: Image Quality Test Engineer
Facebook Reality Labs brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The Reality Labs Technology Engineering team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs in core technology and delivering them to market at scale. The Technology Engineering Camera Team seeks an Image Quality Test Engineer who has extended experience in conducting image quality analysis for novel products.
1. Design and conduct objective and subjective lab and field experiments of prototype hardware and software to critically examine image quality, behavior, and performance.
2. Analyze experiment results and give feedback to direct feature development (Hardware, ISP, Algorithm design and tuning) with cross functional business partners.
3. Test in the lab and in the field (required short trips to test locations) capturing image quality datasets for camera development
4. File bugs, create reports, and lead presentations on image quality development
1. Experience in using professional photography equipment (>2 years)
2. Experience in designing, executing, and analyzing subjective and objective image quality test
3. Ability to design good test methodology to answer complex questions
4. Ability to identify, reproduce, and isolate image quality bugs via visual analysis
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
6. Excellent problem solving skills
This role requires field testing, candidate will work with photography, looking for these skills:
- Camera function
- Image judgment
- Imaging background
- Flexible in scheduling (may have to work at odd times but this will be within the 40 hours of work)