QA Analyst II
8+ mo contract at Facebook with Vettanna
Facebook is defined by our unique culture – one that rewards impact. We encourage our people to be bold and solve the problems they care most about. Facebook employees work in small teams that move fast and iterate to develop new products. Together, we help others build stronger communities — and we're just getting started. So far, we've connected more than 2 billion people — which means we still have more than 5 billion to go.
Test products to ensure that they are reliable, functional, and user-friendly. Those in software development are tasked with reviewing thousands of lines of programming code to spot any errors. Trained to fix these errors or report them to someone who can. Ensure that user interfaces are user-friendly and informative, and that programs run efficiently. In other areas, they work with engineers to make sure that product designs are good. Spot areas to improve upon and ways to make the product more efficient. Consult in production, ensuring that the product is built to standard and high quality. Work in all phases of product development, from research to design to production. Design, prioritize, and implement test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures. Participate in process reviews to inform development of products and resolution of defects. Analyze, interpret, and communicate qualitative and quantitative findings from tests. Monitor bug resolution efforts and track results and known defects.
• Work independently: This individual must be able to work independently given direction on a weekly basis. They need to be intelligent and resourceful when finding answers to questions.
• Attention to detail: Must be very detail oriented in both process and delivering results. Must be able to identify errors in the product and determine the proper source of the error to be able to accurately assign the issue to be fixed. The expectation is that identification of issues gets better over time with more team interaction.
• Communication: Must be able to quickly and easily articulate issues and what needs to be done to resolve them.
• Conflict management: Must be able to get results without conflict, and easily diffuse conflict as it arises.
• Flexibility: Be able to work nights and weekends during crunch times.
• Able to deal with Ambiguity: Able to develop test documentation, processes, and deliver results with little to no documentation or direction from the team.
• Timeliness: Must be able to show up on time and be willing to stay late and pitch in, even with a flexible work schedule.
• Works well with a team: This individual is expected to be a resource to the team. They must be able to work well with others, able to juggle multiple priorities given by multiple individuals
• Experience in game testing
Come join our team today and put your skills and talents to best use!