B2B Commerce Architect (EpiServer/Opti/Optimizely)
The B2B Commerce Architect is a consulting role, responsible for designing, developing, updating, and supporting Episerver B2B Commerce Cloud implementations. This is a client facing role. You will work hand in hand with the XCentium team to engage with customers for the purpose of delivering Insite /Epi/Optimizely solutions. The ideal candidate can communicate on a technical and business level.
- Responsible for the Design and Delivery of multiple sites
- Collect & analyze business requirements and functional specifications
- Transform business requirements into technical architecture designs & specifications
- Provide technical platform expertise and perform architecture design, reviews, & analysis
- Provide direction to engineers and developers and manage architectural risks, solutioning at enterprise level
- Develop conceptual and logical architecture designs.
- Hands-on with code reviews, ability to fix issues and code as needed
- Resolve technical problems related to Insite/Epi commerce applications and related integration and for the entire ecommerce ecosystem
- Aptitude to learn new concepts and technology rapidly
- Communication skills to explain complex and sometimes technical topics to both business & IT stakeholders
- Lead architecture strategy & planning for large programs - and provide guidance to technical staff across multiple projects.
- Ensure alignment of the high-level architecture with the existing client need and business logic / review design prepared by team members
- Ensure technical feasibility of integrations, requirements compliance of the solution, especially in case of a multi group / multi-vendor program.
- Build and define standards and best practices
- Identify opportunities for efficiency improvements (like automation) and risk reduction.
Per the listed qualifications below, XCentium will accept suitable combination of education, training, or experience. Experience/Knowledge must be sufficient to perform the required responsibilities/job duties in the normally accepted manner. Desired Qualifications are:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent
- Expertise in enterprise commerce architecture with Episerver B2B Commerce Could (Formerly, InsiteCommerce)
- Strong facilitation, leadership, creative thinking, and collaboration skills required. Must display resiliency and the ability to engage and communicate with stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Experience and comfort working with virtual teams across time zones.
- 4+ years or equivalent hands-on experience in the architecture, design, development and implementation of large-scale web and mobile applications for consumers adhering to non-functional requirements like security, reliability, scalability, and availability standards.
- 5+ year or equivalent experience in implementing eCommerce applications is required. At least the last two years of experience is expected to be in Insite Commerce/Epi B2B Commerce Cloud.
- Experience working on system integrations (particularly third-party systems such as SFMC, OMS, Elasticsearch, payment gateways, tax providers, shipping providers etc.)
- Strong SDLC experience including Agile/Waterfall
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming, relational databases and build scripts
- Familiarity with deployment to SaaS platforms in general
- Strong experience in APIs (SOAP/REST)
- Good working experience with database technologies and designing data structures
Nice to Have
- Episerver B2B Commerce Cloud Certification
- Other Episerver certifications
- Experience integrating on-premises and cloud-based SaaS solutions (AWS or Azure cloud)
- Experience configuring and managing Jenkins and other DevOps tools
- Experience with other eCommerce platforms such as Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Big Commerce, Commerce Tools, Klaviyo, ATG, Magento, Shopify, Woo Commerce, etc.
- Experience with Optimizely
XCentium is an award-winning digital consultancy. We help clients align their technology strategy with business objectives, leverage technology excellence to deliver superior results, and engage customers through Digital Strategy, Sitecore, CMS, UI/UX, Salesforce, Commerce, Cloud and Managed Services.