Request ID: 12468-1
Start/End Dates: 08/030/2021 - 08/29/2022
Tax Work Location: US - NY - New York
Job Title: Corporate Communications & Public Policy - Communications Manager III
Job Description Reels & Trends Media Relations Role on the Instagram Consumer Communications Team
- Backgrounds preferred: Journalist, Agency work, in-house comms, social editor, social media, overall a professional in regard to the JD.
- Knows how to pitch, has created or understands media relationships and jump right into the work.
- Understands GEN Z culture, fun trends, and why things go viral.
- Understands niche culture over and help with FB reels to show it is a great platform.
- Promote trends to the press and FB team
- NY number one, LA is next, open to other FB Cali locations to start with.
- A journalist background will help but fun creations here. Think Buzzfeed, Cosmo, Gen Z overall.
- Work with Instagram Consumer Comms team to lead Instagram Reels media relations through proactive press strategies and storytelling around gen Z trends, diverse creators, music, and more
- Develop and maintain pitch calendar, in collaboration with PR agency
- Identify and surface niche Reels trends and drive consistent coverage on digital, social, broadcast, and next-gen media using a mix of data and intuition
- Scale Instagram trend comms globally through creation/distribution of creator-driven Trend Reports and Instagram Zines
- Collaborate with Community Lab, Culture & Community and Reels curation to launch new trend discovery communication strategies and identify new ways to drive press coverage
- Collaborate with the music partnerships team to help scale consumer-focused moments in the Reels x music space
- Seek out and analyze data for creative proactive storytelling
- Manage media training and ad-hoc outreach to emerging creators to prepare for interviews
- Build and manage deep relationships with non-managed creators, gen Z social outlets, diverse outlets, and new media outlets that reach teen audiences and drive coverage
- Counsel cross-functional partners in product, partnerships, data, community, etc. on comms strategy around trend-driven init