Request ID: 12469-1
Start/End Dates: 08/30/2021 - 08/29/2022
Tax Work Location: US - NY - New York
Job Title: Corporate Communications & Public Policy - Communications Manager III
Culture Media Relations Role on the Instagram Consumer Communications Team
NY top choice, LA is next, other CA FB office locations if needed.
Flexible on education and will take 3 + years or experience
- Backgrounds: PR, Agency work, in-house comms, social editor, social media, overall a professional in regard to the JD.
- Pitching PR machine
- Cares about diversity culture and communications. Will help promote diversity overall, example being pride month, cultures, etc.
- Knows how to pitch, has created, or understands media relationships and jump right into the work.
- Understands GEN Z culture, fun trends, and why things go viral.
- Can show results of work to the team
- Identify trends, pitch and help create trends and ideas.
- Understands niche culture over and help with FB reels to show it is a great platform.
- Background working in diversity and culture media roles
- Work with Instagram Consumer Comms team to support culture media relations through proactive press strategies and storytelling around cultural trends/movements and diverse creators
- Develop and maintain pitch calendar, in collaboration with PR agency
- Drive consistent coverage on digital, social, broadcast, and diverse media around key Instagram moments in culture, trends and creators
- Develop integrated global campaigns inspired by the cultural movements and moments happening on Instagram that bring together creators and publishers, and drive press coverage
- Seek out and analyze data for creative proactive storytelling
- Build and manage deep relationships with non-managed creators, diverse outlets, lifestyle publications, and new media outlets that reach diverse audiences and drive coverage
- Develop and write a wide range of communications materials including press plans, pitches, blog posts, reactive statements, and briefing materials
- Prepare and train spokespeople as needed and staff press briefings
- Lead and support logistics, planning, execution of key Instagram events (virtual and IRL)
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to create integrated comms moments across culture, diverse creators and publishers, beauty, etc