Location: San Jose, CA
The Supply Chain Consultant will lead Program Development and Optimization for a Post-Sale Authentication Supply Chain. Items purchased on eBay with an eBay Authenticity Guarantee are shipped to authenticators for inspection and authentication before being repackaged and shipped to the buyer(or returned to the seller if they fail inspection). This authentication supply chain is expanding to include additional product types and requires needs assessment and solutioning to run as an optimized Supply Chain for authentication, order mgmt.& fulfillment, and scalability.
The role will also provide tactical support where needed, including daily engagement which may include supplier relationships, cross functional stakeholders, process compliance, and Tools/technology consultations.
- Leads the needs assessment and solutioning for the Post-Sale Authentication Supply Chain. Presents results.
- Identification of the appropriate support model, resourcing, location, processes, and best practices.
- Identifies Tools/technology solutions and navigable path to implementation.
- Identifies and sets best practices for resources in Supplier Management including onboarding, invoice review/approval, development and maintenance of supplier scorecards, and facilitation of supplier reviews process.
- Identifies and sets best practices for resources in Inventory Management including inventory planning, forecasting, trend analysis, Inventory monitoring/reporting (in-house and at partner/supplier locations), and fulfillment shortage control/expediting
- Identifies and sets best practices for resources in Order Management including PO placement, order tracking, establishment of re-order intervals based on inventory.
- Identifies and sets best practices for resources in Shipping and Freight including monitoring shipments and tracking, optimizing delivery options based on needs pricing, and reconcile and validation of pricing.
- Addresses shipping and packaging optimization.
- Proactively lead product standardization across categories.
- Manage and reply to a large volume of electronic communication from suppliers and internal stakeholders on a daily basis.
- A track record of successful Supply Chain Management optimization.
- Familiar with inventory planning concepts and best practices.
- Strong communication skills; able to partner effectively with both external partners and the internal management team.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload.
- Have a passion for Supply Chain Program development and optimization and are comfortable wearing many hats.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly and manage change efficiently, proactively and in a positive manner.