Request ID: 8207-1
Start/End Dates: 05/07/2021 - 05/06/2022
Tax Work Location: US - WA - Seattle (FRL) (147101)
Job Title: Quality Assurance - QA Analyst II
Rate: $40-$55 competitive
Job Description: Summary:
The main function of a hardware (HW) QA analyst is to develop and execute product usability test plans in order to identify hardware problems and their causes. The HW QA analyst will be responsible for writing HW QA test plans, performing HW use and play tests, and writing HW test reports.
• Design hardware test plans, scenarios, scripts or procedures.
• Test system modifications to prepare for implementation.
• Develop hardware testing programs that addresses areas such as usability, comfort, and reliability.
• Document hardware defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to the product developers.
• Identify, analyze and document problems with the product's function.
• Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
• Create or maintain databases of known test defects and their resolution.
• Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
• Knowledge of product hardware development that includes plastic, soft-goods used for cases and straps, and electrical components such as adapters, cables, and circuit boards.
• Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
• Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
• Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
Nice to have skills:
• Knowledge of quality engineering techniques including failure analysis, reliability testing, and manufacturing quality.
• Knowledge of Tableau software
• Bachelor's degree in science or technology preferred
What makes this role interesting?
- QE contractor that can help support the quality team with documenting QA plans and reports.
Top 3 must-have HARD skills:
1. Hardware QA / Inspection
2. Report writing / Commutation
Good to have skills:
2. Knowledge of quality engineering techniques including failure analysis, reliability testing, and manufacturing quality.
3. Knowledge of Tableau software
Years of experience required
o 3 years
Degrees or certifications required
o Tech Associates or equitant work experience required, Bachelor's degree in science or technology preferred
o No Hardware experience